I’m going to make this answer re-bloggable in case you find it helpful :)
Hi! If you’re looking to get into storyboarding, I totally recommend taking a look at Sherm Cohen’s page. Sherm is a pro, and so amazingly talented. He has a knack for teaching, and he posts a lot of useful info and tips and such all over the place. Job postings too! You can find his main blog at: storyboardsecrets.com/blog/
If memory serves, he also started a storyboarding group on DeviantArt where he posts helpful info and such. Sherm also put out a DVD lesson set and I highly recommend it :)
As for advice:
- Be prepared to draw. A LOT. Have plenty of pencils, pens and paper handy.
- Post-It-Notes are your friends. You can block out boards or correct them as you go with Post-Its, and then redo panels as needed. This helps you see the flow.
- You can board digitally to keep yourself organized, and either scan in your drawings, or draw right in Photoshop/whatever software you use to draw on your computer.
- Liquid Paper/White Out/White Paint can be helpful when making small edits.
- Don’t get too attached to panels/jokes/actions. You’re going to be throwing a lot aside for the sake of editing to get the best possible boards you can for what you’re boarding. If something doesn’t work out, get rid of it.
- Learn from what you see and from those around you. There are a lot of boards or portions of boards posted online. Boards come in all styles and levels of completion. Sometimes something simple is perfect, and other times a more finished look is needed. As you block out and plan things, you can work to build up your boards. I suggest using the post-its to rough out your boards and get a feel for them. Saves you a lot of time in drawing if things change early on (which they will). Take a look at boards posted online and in books.
- Check out AnimationMeat.com for some great blank templates for different types of boards.
Also, I answered a similar question about Storyboarding (building a portfolio) HERE and I hope you find this helpful! Feel free to ask me another question if you’re looking for info about something I didn’t mention here :D
I hope this helps you :)This question was originally answered here.
My kind of tree.:) #lavender #purpletree #cali #missingcali #gorgeous #nature
Iᴢᴢʏ ᴛʜᴇ Gᴏᴅᴅᴇss ᴏғ Hᴏᴘᴇ | Quotev en We Heart It.